GLOBSEC is a global think-tank committed to enhancing security, prosperity and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world. Its mission is to influence the future by generating new ideas and solutions for a better and safer world. We believe we can change the world by putting together the right stakeholders at the right time for a free exchange of ideas.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy and security. We generate new ideas and solutions for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
- Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
- Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
- Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind, and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas which are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
- Responsible for external communication of the organisation and its projects, for public relations and for crisis communication management
- Develops communication strategy and actively oversees its implementation to improve our visibility and increase our relevance to global decision makers
- Manages promotion strategy creation for individual projects of all departments within GLOBSEC
- Builds media partnerships for specific events and topics
- Advices on internal communication within organisation
- Actively builds new and maintains good relations with foreign media representatives
- Responsible for press releases and their distribution
- Provides guidance for media comments to other departments
- Responsible for visual quality of all outputs
- Accountable for PR strategy implementation within promotion of events and activities
- Accountable for the website design, social media accounts and coordination of the content with other departments
- Leads and coordinates other team-members
Education: Master’s degree in Media and external communication/Public relations/Journalism studies
Experience: 4-5 years – Media and communication (incl. active international media co-operation)
1-2 years – International Relations/Politics/Security (at min. having an overview of actual matters in these fields)
Functional Skills/Leadership Competencies
- Understands GLOBSEC mission
- Builds networks and collaborative relationships
- Global perspective and strategic mindset
- Action oriented and resourcefulness
- Communicates effectively – both written and oral communication
- Cultivates innovation
- Manages complexity and ambiguity
- Builds effective team and drives engagement
- Ensures accountability and drives results
- Demonstrates self-awareness
Microsoft Office package – advanced
Languages: English – C2
If your profile meets the requirements and you have resonated with this opportunity, please get in touch and send your resumé to [email protected]. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates.
Personal data included in your CV and cover letter will be processed for the purpose of applying for the above-described position and in the extent determined by personal data contained in curriculum vitae or any similar document of the applicant, not longer than for a period necessary to achieve the purpose of such processing. As a data subject, you have the right to access to your personal data, right to rectification in case of incorrect data, right to portability, right to have your data destroyed, right to object the use of your data for direct marketing, mailing contact and system automated decisions and right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data but your application without personal data may not be processed properly. Your personal data shall stay confidential and we are not providing it to any third party. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at our address or via email at [email protected].