GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind, and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas which are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
– Prepares background materials and presentations for the meetings of the President
– Draft letters on behalf of the President
– Follows up on meetings and drives complex agendas on behalf of the President
– Communicates on behalf of the President internally and externally in person, through e-mail, or phone
– Prepares minutes from meetings of the President and coordinates responses under the guidance of the President
– Interacts with members at all levels of the organization and exercises considerable judgment in his/her capacity
– Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response
– Follows up on the tasks coming out of the internal or external discussions between the President and other stakeholders
– Builds and nurtures relationships to serve as a resource for the President and PoC for key stakeholders to help move forward strategic priorities
– Gatekeeper (handling inquires, questions and requests) who understands and shares the same value and goals as the President
– Facilitator of the needs of senior staff to raise critical issues with the President and receive needed responses, guidance and decisions
– Other duties as assigned by the President
– Monitors progress of projects that affect the objectives and goals of an organization
– PoC for information on scheduled events for the President
– Administrative assistance to the President in ways that sometimes requires considerable sensitivity, discretion, judgment or negotiation
– Coordination of extremely active calendar of appointments, organisation of staff meetings, external appointments and scheduling
Candidates with the following education suit the position
University education (Bachelor’s degree)
University education (Master’s degree)
English – Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
– High-level knowledge of international relations and politics
– 2+ years of experience working in a complex organization environment
– 2+ years working closely with executive-level leaders
– Communicates effectively in English as well as Slovak (written, presentation and verbal communication skills)
– Manages complexity with excellent judgment and diplomacy
– Instils trust
– Being flexible, adaptable and resilient
– Builds collaborative relationships
Employee perks, benefits
• Working in a young, dynamic and international team
• Working in one of the most influential non-governmental institutions in Europe
• Possibility of career growth and development through formal and informal channels
• Participation in international conferences
Information about the selection process
If your profile meets all our requirements and you find this position matching your career ambitions, please send us your CV together with a motivation letter to [email protected]
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.