Job description, responsibilities and duties
The main responsibility of Grants and Funding Officer is to support GLOBSEC Policy Institute (GPI) programmes and Strategic Forums in identifying suitable calls for institutional funding, assisting with development and submission of project proposals, administrative management of projects, overseeing budgets and quality of projects.
- Monitoring and looking for opportunities for all programmes of GPI and Strategic Forums to apply for funding from institutional donors (EU grants, grants from governments, foundations)
- Evaluating the eligibility for specific funding calls
- Informing GPI researchers and Strategic Forums stream leads of existing opportunities, requirements and deadlines
- Ensuring that funding activities are effectively coordinated, and support the development and implementation of funding plans and strategies
- Producing and regularly updating a comprehensive mapping of all relevant donor opportunities
- Developing partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners
- Assisting in writing and submission of project proposals
- Ensuring the implementation of projects on time, administrative management of projects, including budgets
- Preparing deliverables and financial reports to the funding body
- Supporting the design and development of high-quality funding proposals
- Working collaboratively with GPI researchers and finance department on the development of proposals and budgets
- Assisting GPI researchers and project coordinators with the application process – tracking the requirements of the donor, ensuring that submission guidelines and rules are followed, collecting the required documentation, helping the responsible researcher and project coordinator fill out application forms, checking the completeness of the application process
- Writing sections of project proposals under the guidance of research fellows
Reporting and grant management:
- Maintaining an overview of contract reporting schedules of institutional grants ensuring that reporting timelines and donor requirements are fulfilled
- Ensuring all compliance issues are addressed
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
- University education (Master’s degree)
Personality requirements and skills
- A candidate is required to have at least 2 years of experience in in fundraising activities
- At least 2 years’ experience in EU project management, ideally Horizon 2020, including financial and administrative management
- Demonstrable experience of working with institutional donors
- Independent and responsible with excellent organisational skills
- Self-starter and pro-active
- Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment
- Experience of developing successful project proposals, and securing funds from institutional donors is of advantage
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required
- Able to work proactively and supportively within a team
- Residence in or relocation to Bratislava
- Knowledge of Slovak or Czech languages
Employee perks, benefits
- Working in a young, dynamic and international team
- Working in one of the most influential non-governmental institutions in Europe
- Development through formal and informal channels
- Participation in international conferences
Information about the selection process
If your profile meets all our requirements and you find this position matching your career ambitions, please send us your CV together with a motivation letter to [email protected].
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.
Brief description of the organisation
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas which are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.