GLOBSEC Policy Institute – Global NGO
GLOBSEC is a Bratislava-based global think-tank with a liaison office in Brussels, committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world. Its mission is to shape policy by generating new ideas and solutions for a better and safer world. During the past 16 years, GLOBSEC has grown into a leading think-tank in Central Europe that organizes the most prominent conferences in the region of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). GLOBSEC aims to bridge the CEE region vis-à-vis Brussels and Washington and supports European and transatlantic ties.
The main responsibility of the Grants and Funding Officer is to support GLOBSEC Policy Institute (GPI) programmes and Strategic Forums in identifying suitable calls for institutional funding, assisting with development and submission of project proposals, administrative management of projects, overseeing budgets and quality of projects.
• Monitoring and looking for opportunities for all programmes of GPI and Strategic Forums to apply for funding from institutional donors (EU grants, grants from governments, foundations)
• Evaluating the eligibility for specific funding calls
• Informing GPI researchers and Strategic Forums stream leads of existing opportunities, requirements and deadlines
• Ensuring that funding activities are effectively coordinated, and support the development and implementation of funding plans and strategies
• Producing and regularly updating a comprehensive mapping of all relevant donor opportunities
• Developing partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners
• Assisting in writing and submission of project proposals
• Ensuring the implementation of projects on time, administrative management of projects, including budgets
• Preparing deliverables and financial reports to the funding body
• Supporting the design and development of high-quality funding proposals
• Working collaboratively with GPI researchers and finance department on the development of proposals and budgets
• Assisting GPI researchers and project coordinators with the application process – tracking the requirements of the donor, ensuring that submission guidelines and rules are followed, collecting the required documentation, helping the responsible researcher and project coordinator fill out application forms, checking the completeness of the application process
• Writing sections of project proposals under the guidance of research fellows
Reporting and grant management:
• Maintaining an overview of contract reporting schedules of institutional grants ensuring that reporting timelines and donor requirements are fulfilled
• Ensuring all compliance issues are addressed
Candidates with education suit the position
Personality requirements and skills
• At least 2 years’ experience in EU project management, ideally Horizon 2020, including financial and administrative management
• Demonstrable experience of working with institutional donors
• Independent and responsible with excellent organisational skills
• Self-starter and pro-active
• Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment
• Experience of developing successful project proposals, and securing funds from institutional donors is of advantage
• Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required
• Able to work proactively and supportively within a team
• Residence in or relocation to Bratislava
• Knowledge of Slovak or Czech languages
A competitive salary commensurate to years of experience, level of education and other relevant characteristics. This is an opportunity to make a difference through shaping policy as a part of an international, young, vibrant team. The perks include interactions with high-level decision-makers and participation in leading international events and conferences.
If the current role excites you and your profile meets our requirements, please send us your resume together with a motivation letter and a list of publications to [email protected]. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. GLOBSEC is an equal opportunity employer.