The two GLOBSEC Innovation Interns will research and compile a quantitative composite indicator focused on innovation and resilience macroeconomic dimensions. The Indicator will serve as a source of insight into the multidimensional qualities of innovation-driven growth. It will also operate as a benchmarking tool underpinning public-private dialogue and an evaluation tool for policymakers, business leaders, and other stakeholders for tracking innovation progress on an annual basis. The Indicator will be introduced and launched at a high-level leaders’ conference in the Fall of 2020.
The selected candidates are expected to conduct an individual assessment of various conceptual dimensions of innovation and macroeconomic resilience that should be included in the Indicator, as well as of corresponding proxies and data sources. More importantly, the selected candidates will operationalize the Indicator: program the Indicator’s infrastructure (in Excel, using VBA, or a similar statistical package such as STATA, eViews, Matlab), automatize data loading, sourcing, and updating. The goal is to have the Indicator fully user friendly, automatic, updatable, and documented.
The candidates should have a solid background in macroeconomics, economic research techniques, proven experience in handling and analyzing various types of data, prior experience with standard statistical methods and statistical packages, and understanding of programming. Prior publication record is a plus. The selected candidates should be able to work independently.
· Majors: applied economics, econometrics, computer science/programming or another related discipline
· Advanced research skills (PhD level preferred)
· Excellent command of English and drafting skills
· Strong quantitative background
· Data management skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Experience with data processing software
· Advanced command of MS Excel/VBA or similar
· Reliability and dependability
· Delivers results under time pressure
· Excellent communication skills
· Remote internship (no physical presence required)
· Summer internship (June through August)
· Collaboration with a global NGO of international significance
· The Internship will result in a tangible deliverable that will live on beyond the Internship
· Your work will serve as a basis for a public-private high level policy dialogue
· Possibility of future collaboration
If your profile meets the requirements and you have resonated with this opportunity, please get in touch and send your resumé to [email protected]. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates.