Job description, responsibilities and duties
The successful candidates will be involved in the activities related to the daily life of the Centre. What is more, they will contribute to the research project ENGAGE (Envisioning a New Governance Architecture for a Global Europe), funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 program, which comprises 13 universities and research institutes across Europe.
GLOBSEC is leading a work page, which aims to collect novel data about the political acceptability of reforms for enhanced EU external action among national policymakers, employing a mixed-method approach. The main responsibility will entail qualitative and quantitative data collection through semi-structured interviews and online surveys.
Given that the research focuses on policymakers and experts in EU member states, the preference will be given to candidates who can speak and read one of the following languages: Polish, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Italian. Additionally, excellent spoken and written English is essential.
Start date: Mid-January/February 2022
End date: Min. 3-4 months (possibility of extension)
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
- University education (Bachelor’s degree)
- University education (Master’s degree)
- International affairs, European Affairs, Gender Studies
- English – Advanced (C1) and preferable knowledge of Polish, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Italian
Experience in the position/sector
- Advanced ICT literacy, knowledge of Excel is mandatory
Personality requirements and skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, work under tight deadlines and in an independent manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in multicultural environments
- Ability to work irregular hours when needed
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
- Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
- Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
- Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas that are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your one-page resume and a one-page cover letter to [email protected] and CC: [email protected] by 17 January 2022 CET (the applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis). In the title of the email, please state the languages spoken (C2)
Please note this is an UNPAID opportunity. A certificate will be issued upon successful competition of the internship.