Future of Security Programme, GLOBSEC Policy Institute, GLOBSEC
GLOBSEC is a Bratislava-based global think-tank with a liaison office in Brussels, committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world. Its mission is to shape policy by generating new ideas and solutions for a better and safer world. During the past 16 years, GLOBSEC has grown into a leading think-tank in Central Europe that organizes the most prominent conferences in the region of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). GLOBSEC aims to bridge the CEE region vis-à-vis Brussels and Washington and supports European and transatlantic ties.
GLOBSEC Policy Institute is looking for a Junior Research Fellow & Project Coordinator to become a part of the Future of Security Programme focusing on research in areas of (counter)terrorism, radicalisation, (illegal) financing of terrorism and other related issues.
• Conducting research on matters of national security such as terrorism, counterterrorism, radicalisation, financing of terrorism and other related areas
• Co-writing expert publications and reports
• Providing inputs into the agenda of Strategic Forums (GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum)
• Co-management and coordination of projects, initiatives and relevant activities
• Communication with partners
• Organisation of events (roundtables, discussions, research visits, conferences) related to the area of expertise, in cooperation with other departments
• Cooperation with other departments on the development of Strategic Forums.
• Public speaking and presentation of the research results (seminars, conferences)
• Study visits (for research purposes) and other business trips
• Active contribution to the content of social media
• Responsibility for presentation and visibility of the programme’s activities and outcomes in media.
• Identification of fundraising opportunities and coordination with the Corporate Partnership Department
• Development of funding proposals and partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners
• Creation of budget proposals in cooperation with the Finance Office
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master’s degree)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
• Background in the area of National security matters is highly desirable
• University education (Master’s degree) is desirable;
• High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results
• Active participation and networking in the area of expertise (on personal and institutional level)
• Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven track record in writing and editing expert publications
A competitive salary commensurate to years of experience, level of education and other relevant characteristics. This is an opportunity to make a difference through shaping policy as a part of an international, young, vibrant team. The perks include interactions with high-level decision-makers and participation in leading international events and conferences.
If the current role excites you and your profile meets our requirements, please send us your resume together with a motivation letter and a list of publications to [email protected]. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. GLOBSEC is an equal opportunity employer.