GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies, and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous, and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas that are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
Job description, responsibilities, and duties
The incumbent will contribute to annual flagship products, conjunctural monitoring, will be able to work independently, and will have the ability to swiftly organize webinars, workshops, and other events, as well as administrate the EGS flagship initiatives. Securing funding will be a particularly important element in ensuring the EGS continuity and workflow.
- Economic research and drafting
- Data analysis and monitoring
- Administration of EGS initiatives
- Organization of EGS events
- Institutional funding
Employee perks, benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate to profile and experience
- Remote work is possible on a case by case basis
- Access to/participation in world-class conferences
- The ability to create a positive impact
Candidates with education suit the position
- University education (Bachelor’s degree)
- University education (Master’s degree)
- Postgraduate (Doctorate)
- English – Advanced (C1)
Personality requirements and skills
- Quantitative + qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent drafting skills
- Published researched papers and/or articles a clear plus
- Ability to argue a point clearly based on evidence
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven past experience in the organization of events and obtaining institutional funding