Our Technology & Society programme is examining the impact of disruptive technologies on the economy and society in Central Europe and beyond. It creates policy recommendations and strategies in the area of the digital economy and innovation policy, both on the national and EU levels. By generating solutions for technology-driven challenges and engaging in public-private collaboration, the programme contributes to shaping the digital transformation of Europe. The programme focuses on innovation in CEE, digital infrastructure, the impact of disruptive technology, big tech regulation, and data governance.
Job description and responsibilities
Policy Design, Research and Representation
- Defines and shapes research and policy agenda that focuses on relevant policy issues
- Conducts original, policy-informing research in the field of expertise and related areas
- Writes and edits expert publications
- Commissions, supervise and edits research from external fellows and other contributors
- Writes op-eds, blogs, commentary, and other media outputs in the field of expertise and related areas
- Develops and maintains relations and partnerships with relevant external stakeholders and partners – other think tanks, institutions, government representatives, thought leaders
- Creates networks of fellows
- Represents the programme and the organization at events (conferences, forums, roundtables, and others)
- Delivers briefings in the field of expertise to relevant stakeholders (government representatives, business stakeholders, expert communities, and others)
- Convenes private and public roundtables to communicate the relevant research agenda and findings
- Comments for media and advocates expert positions
- Collaborates with Communication Team to create and execute promotion strategies for research products
- Advocates the mission, vision and values of the organization
- Advises on the development of related streams and topics at GLOBSEC Strategic Forums
- Contributes to defining the strategic direction of the organization
- Designs and develops funding proposals and partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners
- Develops relations with private and public donors
- With the help of the programme manager/fellows, conceives new funding opportunities and identifies potential funders with the goal of ensuring that adequate funds are available to permit the programme’s activities to achieve the strategic goals
Leadership and Team Management
- Oversees and mentors support staff (programme manager/assistant, researchers in the programme)
- Manages and guides associate fellows
Personality requirements and skills
- A candidate is required to have at least 4-5 years of experience in academia, think-tank, or public sector
- University education (at least Master’s degree in an area related to the research agenda)
- High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results
- Active participation and networking in the area of expertise (on personal and institutional levels)
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required
- Proven track record in writing and editing expert publications
- Ability to work collegially with staff and other experts
- Experience in speaking at international events and commenting for media
- Understanding of team and project management
- While GLOBSEC main office is located in Bratislava, remote work is possible with visits to Bratislava when needed
Brief description of the organisation
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. Our 55 people strong international team helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
- Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
- Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
- Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas that are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
Information about the selection process
If your profile meets all our requirements and you find this position matching your career ambitions, please send us your CV together with a motivation letter and a list of publications to [email protected]
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.