GLOBSEC is an independent, non-partisan, non-governmental organisation committed to enhancing security, prosperity and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world. As globalisation deepens, the international system is becoming less predictable and more unstable. The post-cold war environment is fading away, the traditional institutional framework is disintegrating, and new non-state actors are on the rise. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old dogmas of economies, societies and political order.
The world is in turmoil. GLOBSEC can help navigate their uncharted waters.
GLOBSEC provides a superior understanding of global trends and their consequences for our society, economy, security and the international community. We generate modern ideas and solutions for a more stable, more prosperous and more sustainable world, by:
- RESEARCH – delivering intellectual leadership through world-class research and political insight, produced by our GLOBSEC Policy Institute
- DISCUSSION – providing a globally respected platform for political debate, which brings together political leaders, entrepreneurs, journalists and scholars to shape, cultivate and precipitate international agenda and global decision-making.
- ACTION – engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives and driving our efforts into specific recommendations and action points.
GLOBSEC believes that in an increasingly complex world, we need cross-sectoral collaboration more than ever before. For this purpose, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue and brings together leaders from multiple sectors to build agendas for the future.
With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC proposes the international agenda which is critical for Europe. GLOBSEC leads in the European spirit of international cooperation and hopes to foster stability and freedom around the world.
- Builds media partnerships for flagship events
- Builds and maintains existing long-term media partnerships across the region
- Assists in the development of GLOBSEC’s external communication strategy and actively oversees its implementation
- Assists with promotion strategy creation for individual projects of the organisation
- Actively builds new and maintains good relations with local and V4 media representatives
- ensures that the internal database with media representative contacts is kept up-to-date
- Responsible for press releases and their distribution
- Responsible for keeping day-to-day communication with media lively
- Communication with company’s suppliers
- Responsible for overseeing marketing activities related to flagship events;
- Coordinates organization of other supporting marketing activities;
- Assisting in creation and implementation of the marketing plan;
- Preparation of scripts for organisation’s videos and podcast;
- Assisting in the creation of videos and podcast;
- Internal coordination of projects.
- Oversees and controls quality and deadlines of specifically assigned tasks;
- Assists in the creation and implementation of departmental and project-related budgets
- Works with team members to design, develop and implement work practices and processes;
- Understanding GLOBSEC mission
- Global perspective and strategic mindset
- Crisis communicator
- Good at handling deadlines and pressure
- Communicates effectively – both written and oral communication
- Builds networks and collaborative relationships
- Cultivates innovation
- Manages complexity and ambiguity
- Ensures accountability and drives results
- Demonstrates self-awareness, self-development
- Sound knowledge of media – good contacts are an asset (on both regional and international level)
Microsoft Excel – advanced
Microsoft Word – advanced
Microsoft Outlook – advanced
Microsoft Powerpoint – advanced
Mailchimp, Adobe or WordPress – great asset
Languages: English – C1
Required Experience: 3 – 5 years working in NGOs, government institutions or media required. Master’s degree in politics, media and communication studies, journalism studies or international relations required.