GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
- Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society;
- Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives;
- Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas that are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
Project Assistant for GLOBSEC conferences supports coordination of events and is participates in the overall success of the events.
- Support the role of a coordinator of operational and administrative duties in relation to the organisation of the GLOBSEC flagship conferences: GLOBSEC Forum, Tatra Summit, Chateau Bela
- Support the organisation of small-scale events
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders
- Prepare content materials for Strategic Forums Department, including research, internal and background notes, conference agendas and session descriptions, invitations, list of invitees, etc.
- Gather and organise logistical information for the GLOBSEC conferences as assigned
- Develop and execute plans to ensure GLOBSEC research and policy materials gain wide reach with relevant policymakers globally
- Attend conferences, roundtables, and events on behalf of GLOBSEC
- Maintain and update the registration database systems
Professional & Personal background requirements and skills:
- Experience in project/event management welcomed (not required)
- Master’s degree
- Education focus International affairs/Political Science or related
- Advanced level of English (speaking, understanding, writing) – C1
- Project Management, Event Management
- Multi-stakeholder coordination experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritise, work under tight deadlines and in an independent manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in multicultural environments
- Ability to work irregular hours when needed
- Ensure accountability
- Build networks
Other requirements: residence in or relocation to Bratislava, Slovakia
Employee perks, benefits
- Working in a young, dynamic and international team
- Working in one of the most influential non-governmental institutions in Europe
- Development through formal and informal channels
- Participation in international conferences
Monthly salary: € 1,300 bruto
Information about the selection process
If your profile meets all our requirements and you find this position matching your career ambitions, please send us your CV together with a motivation letter to [email protected].
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.