GLOBSEC is a Bratislava-based global think-tank with a liaison office in Brussels, committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world. Its mission is to shape policy by generating new ideas and solutions for a better and safer world. During the past 16 years, GLOBSEC has grown into a leading think-tank in Central Europe that organizes the most prominent conferences in the region of Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). GLOBSEC aims to bridge the CEE region vis-à-vis Brussels and Washington and supports European and transatlantic ties.
GLOBSEC Policy Institute is looking for a Junior Research Fellow & Project Coordinator at our headquarters in Bartislava to become a part of the Centre for Global Europe, that provides constructive ideas and promotes innovative policy recommendations to ensure that the European Union remains an attractive, successful and viable project that is setting global norms and defining the international system. The Centre is a hub for analysis and strategic dialogue on EU policies shaping Europe’s global standing.
The task will include:
- Co-management and coordination of projects, initiatives and relevant activities
- Supporting day to day management as assigned, including preparing background materials, internal notes, conference agendas, invitations, list of invitees, stakeholder mapping, media monitoring, preparing summaries and readouts, managing CEEHer database
- Communication with partners
- The organisation of events (roundtables, discussions, research visits, conferences) related to the area of expertise, in cooperation with other departments
- Cooperation with other departments on the development of Strategic Forums.
- Assisting with research on matters of EU Common Foreign and Security Policy; citizens engagement in the EU’s role in the world, the role of Central Europe in the EU and gender equality in the region.
- Compilation of data and preparation of newsletters, coordination of Centre’s regular activities
- Providing inputs into the agenda of Strategic Forums (GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum)
- Active contribution to the content of social media and with visual outputs
- Responsibility for presentation and visibility of the programme’s activities and outcomes in media.
- Identification of fundraising opportunities and coordination with the Corporate Partnership Department
- Development of funding proposals and partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners
- Creation of budget proposals in cooperation with the Finance Office
Candidates with education suit the position
min. University education (Master’s degree)
English – Advanced (C1), Hungarian or French (would be an asset)
Number of years of experience
Personality requirements and skills
- A candidate is required to have at least 1-2 years of experience in academia, think-tank, or public sector
- Background in the area of EU Common Foreign and Security Policy, Western Balkans, Eastern Neighbourhood or/and gender studies is highly desirable
- University education (Master’s degree) is desirable;
- High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results
- Active participation and networking in the area of expertise (on personal and institutional levels)
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proven track record in writing and editing expert publications
A competitive salary commensurate to years of experience, level of education and other relevant characteristics. This is an opportunity to make a difference through shaping policy as a part of an international, young, vibrant team. The perks include interactions with high-level decision-makers and participation in leading international events and conferences.
- Deadline for sending CV and cover letter by 12 September; the applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Starting date: as soon as possible