- Coordinate operational and administrative duties for the GLOBSEC Vienna Office, especially in relation to the organisation of GLOBSEC’s activities in Austria (and if needed in Slovakia as well)
- Coordinate organisation of small-scale events in Austria and/or with Austrian stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, especially in Austria, create regularly updated stakeholders lists
- Function as the main point of contact for strategic cooperation with the Government of Austria and its structures (esp. the Chancellery and the MFA)
- Prepare content materials, including research, internal and background notes, conference agendas and session descriptions, invitations, list of invitees, etc.
- Create a network of journalists in German-speaking countries, develop relations and connect them to the work of the Bratislava team
- Provide support in gathering and organising logistical arrangements for GLOBSEC events in Austria
- Develop and execute plans to ensure GLOBSEC research and policy materials gain wide reach with relevant policymakers in Austria and beyond
- Attend conferences, roundtables, and events on behalf of GLOBSEC; liaise with other offices on the take-aways and outcomes of the events
- Maintain and update the registration data base systems
Requirements for the employee
Candidates with education suit the position
University education (Master’s degree)
German – Advanced (C1)
The position is suitable for a fresh graduate
Personality requirements and skills
High level of self-organization, being able to face multitasking without losing track of the different processes
Ability to work under tight deadlines
Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office 365
Advanced proficiency with social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube – Any proficiency with tools such as Hootsuite, Agorapulse, or Buffer is a plus
Intermediate proficiency with social media and web reporting tools: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, and LinkedIn Page Analytics
Intermediate proficiency with WordPress – proficiency with any other CMS is a plus
Graphic design skills are not required but highly desirable – any proficiency with free graphic design tools is a plus
Video edition skills are a plus
Brief description of the company
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind, and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas which are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.