GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
- Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
- Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
- Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas that are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.
Position purpose statement:
Project Manager at GLOBSEC plans and organizes flagship strategic forums on time, on budget and in line with the mission of the organization – to provide a globally respected platform for policy debate that brings together political leaders, entrepreneurs, journalists and scholars to shape international agenda and global decision-making.
- Plans projects in line with requirements of project stakeholders and project management internal guideline
- Responsible for achieving the goals of the project from the content, organizational and financial side
- Defines project goals, is responsible for budget preparation and detailed project work packages
- Coordinates project from the initiation phase to closing phase
- Holds responsibility for the budget and controls approved deadlines are being followed
- Responsible for preparation of reports
- Actively co-operates with HR to define personnel requirements for the project and to select the right people for project positions
- Manages project team, distributes and delegates tasks
- Ensures effective communication flow, quality and timeliness of outcomes
- Responsible for the logistics of the project. Communicates requirements and co-operates with supporting functions of the organization – Financial department, Media and External Communication, Event Development.
- Represents project and the organization externally towards governmental actors, institutions and international think-tanks
- Fulfils other tasks assigned to him/her by direct superior
- Responsible for fundraising to financially cover managed project
- Builds new partnerships and maintains good relations with current partners that include governments, ministries, international institutions and major international think-tanks
- Proposes and is responsible for initiating new approaches towards fundraising
- Shares best practices with the team members
Knowledge, Experience and Skills Required:
Education and Qualification
Master’s degree in International relations/Political science/International economics
Experience (number of years and area)
3+ – Event management, project management, people management
Functional Skills/Leadership Competencies
- Event management
- Building and leading effective team
- Diplomacy protocol
- Fundraising skills
- Managing complexity and execution
- Political insight
- Cultivating innovation
- Building collaborative relationships
- Communicates effectively
- Drives results and ensures accountability
- Demonstrates self-awareness and self-development
- Being flexible and adaptable
MS Office package – advanced
English – C1/C2
Within Slovakia – 10%
Abroad – 20%
Employee perks, benefits
- Working in a young, dynamic and international team
- Working in one of the most influential non-governmental institutions in Europe
- Development through formal and informal channels
- Participation in international conferences
Information about the selection process
If your profile meets all our requirements and you find this position matching your career ambitions, please send us your CV together with a motivation letter to [email protected].
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.