Our Technology & Society programme is examining the impact of disruptive technologies on the economy and society in Central Europe and beyond. It creates policy recommendations and strategies in the area of the digital economy and innovation policy, both on the national and EU levels. By generating solutions for technology-driven challenges and engaging in public-private collaboration, the programme contributes to shaping the digital transformation of Europe. The programme focuses on innovation in CEE, digital infrastructure, the impact of disruptive technology, big tech regulation, and data governance.
Job description, responsibilities and duties
- Designing strategies and objectives of development of the relevant policy area
- Developing and managing relevant projects and initiatives
- Conducting policy-relevant research in the area of expertise
- Organizing projects and activities within the relevant programme in accordance with the mission of the organization
- Effective coordination of projects and initiatives
- Management and guidance of external fellows
- Cooperation with other departments on the development of Strategic Forums
- Organisation of events related to the area of expertise, in cooperation with other departments
- Development and control of deadlines, budgets and activities
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Coordinating and running events and workshops
- Convening of private and public roundtables to communicate the relevant research agenda and findings
- Defining and adjusting research agenda that focuses on relevant policy issues
- Writing and editing expert publications
- Providing inputs into the agenda of Strategic Forums
- Representing the programme in the media
- Representing the programme at events (conferences, forums, roundtables, and others)
- Delivering briefings in the field of expertise to relevant stakeholders (government representatives, business stakeholders, expert communities, and others)
- Development of partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners
- Ensuring that adequate funds are available to permit the programme’s activities to achieve strategic goals
- Identification and realization of fundraising opportunities and coordination with the Strategic Partnerships Team
- Writing and submission of project proposals for funding
Candidates with education suit the position
- University education (Master’s degree)
- Postgraduate (Doctorate)
Personality requirements and skills
- A candidate is required to have at least 2 years of experience in academia, think-tank, or public sector
- Active participation and networking in the area of expertise (on personal and institutional levels)
- High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results
- Able to manage multiple and complex tasks, and to work under pressure in a deadline-focused environment
- Proven track record in writing and editing expert publications
- Experience in speaking at international events and commenting for media
- Experience with team and project management.
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required (C1 level)
- Able to work proactively and supportively within a team
- Residence in or relocation to Bratislava; remote work with travel to Bratislava can be negotiated
Employee perks, benefits
- Working in a young, dynamic and international team
- Working in one of the most influential non-governmental institutions in Europe
- Development through formal and informal channels
- Participation in international conferences
Information about the selection process
If your profile meets all our requirements and you find this position matching your career ambitions, please send us your CV together with a motivation letter and a list of publications to [email protected]
We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates. Thank you for understanding.
Brief description of the organisation
GLOBSEC is a global think-tank based in Bratislava committed to enhancing security, prosperity, and sustainability in Europe and throughout the world.
The international environment is becoming less predictable and more complex. Technological innovation is quickly disrupting the old frameworks of economies, societies and political order. GLOBSEC helps to provide a better understanding of global trends and their consequences for society, economy, security. We generate new ideas and drive change for a more stable, prosperous and sustainable world, by:
• Conducting world-class research and political insight into major threats and risks to our society.
• Driving change by engaging esteemed policy-makers and senior leaders from different sectors in our policy initiatives.
• Putting together leaders and stakeholders from multiple sectors at the right time in one place.
In an interconnected world, GLOBSEC stimulates public-private dialogue to shape agendas for the future. With global ambitions in mind and building on its Central European legacy, GLOBSEC seeks to contribute to agendas that are critical for Europe. GLOBSEC acts in the spirit of European values and international cooperation.