The mission of the programme is to improve security of the transatlantic area by strengthening NATO and the EU. It does so by supporting strategic adaptation of NATO to new challenges, strengthening security and regional defence cooperation in Central Europe, and stimulating new ideas about European defence.
- Defining and adjusting of research agenda that focuses on relevant policy issues;
- Writing and editing expert publications;
- Providing inputs into the agenda of Strategic Forums
- Development of partnerships with key institutional and corporate partners;
- Ensuring that adequate funds are available to permit the programme’s activities to achieve the strategic goals;
- Identification and realization of fundraising opportunities and coordination with the Corporate and Strategic Relations Department.
- Management of projects and initiatives
- Management of the support staff (project assistant/manager, interns) if applicable;
- Cooperation with other departments on the development of Strategic Forums;
- Organisation of events related to the area of expertise, in cooperation with other departments.
- Representation of the programme at expert events (seminars, conferences);
- Commenting for media and advocating expert positions;
- Active contribution to the content of social media;
- Responsibility for presentation and visibility of programme’s activities and outcomes in media.
Professional background requirements and competencies:
- A candidate is required to have at least 2 years of experience in academia, think-tank, or public sector;
- High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results;
- Active participation and networking in the area of expertise (on personal and institutional level);
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English is required;
- Proven track record in writing and editing expert publications;
- Experience in speaking at international events and commenting for media;
- Experience with team and project management.
- Residence in or relocation to Bratislava; knowledge of Slovak or Czech languages is of advantage
Other requirements: residence in or relocation to Bratislava
Salary: Basic wage component (gross) and other rewards from 1300 EUR/month/full-time based on your experience*
* We are required by Slovak legislation to disclose basic wage component (minimum salary) for the advertised positions. We carefully consider your professional competencies, qualifications and experience in our compensation package and/or when offering you other positions.
Personal data included in your CV and cover letter will be processed for the purpose of applying for the above described position and in the extent determined by personal data contained in curriculum vitae or any similar document of the applicant, not longer than for a period necessary to achieve the purpose of such processing. As a data subject, you have the right to access to your personal data, right to rectification in case of incorrect data, right to portability, right to have your data destroyed, right to object the use of your data for direct marketing, mailing contact and system automated decisions and right to lodge a complaint with supervisory authority. You are not under any obligation to provide us with your personal data but your application without personal data may not be processed properly. Your personal data shall stay confidential and we are not providing it to any third party. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at our address or via email email@example.com.