Vladimir Putin is losing, both in the battlefield of war against Ukraine and economically, as Western sanctions continue to hit country’s economy. Russia under Putin is the new ‘sick man of Europe’.
It is the main source of threats and problems on the European continent. Due to Putin’s unprovoked aggression and invasion of Ukraine, Russia will suffer long-term negative consequences for its political, economic, and social development. Russia will lose this war and there are different scenarios of how the situation inside the country will unfold, however, neither of them is good for Putin.
Therefore, it is important that we already start a discussion about how Russia after Putin will look like, how will it undergo deputinisation, and, most importantly, how the West can help Russians to bring their country onto a path of democratic development.
A discussion of our series Russian Dialogues on the topic of Russia after Putin will take place on 24 March, 2022, Thursday, 15.00-16.30 (CET – Brussels time), on the Zoom and will be held in English with interpretation to Russian.
Programme of the panel:
Introductory remarks by Andrius KUBILIUS, Member of the European Parliament, standing rapporteur on Russia in the European Parliament
- Video statement by Mikhail KHODORKOVSKI, businessman, philanthropist, founder of Open Russia
- Vladimir MILOV, politician, associate of the Sakharov Prize Laureate Alexei Navalny, former Deputy Minister of Energy of Russia
- prof. Sergei GURIEV, economist, Professor of Economics at the Department of Economics at Sciences Po in Paris, former chief economist at the EBRD
- Maria SNEGOVAYA, Post-Doctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, Non-Resident Fellow at the Atlantic Council
- Natalia ARNO, president and founder of Free Russia Foundation
- Dmitry GUDKOV, politician, former member of the Russian State Duma
- Konstantin EGGERT, journalist, political analyst, columnist on Russian affairs for Deutsche Welle
- Roland FREUDENSTEIN, Vice President and Head of GLOBSEC Brussels
The discussion will be followed by Q&A.
Please register for this event ONLINE by 23 March cob, afterwards you will receive the Zoom link.