Monday, 15 November
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM CET
The event will take place at the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the European Union (Rue Belliard 41/43, 1040 Brussels). Please fill in the registration HERE in order to obtain the link to the event streaming.
GLOBSEC and United Europe have the pleasure of inviting you to a hybrid event on the topic: Al in cybersecurity – a double-edged sword?
- Raquel Jorge, Policy Analyst on the technology and digital agenda at Elcano Royal Institute
- Dr Rytis Rainys, Director of the National Cybersecurity Centre under the Lithuanian Ministry of National Defence
- Mikhail Kokorich, space entrepreneur. He has founded several successful space technology companies. In 2017 Mikhail founded Momentus Inc., a provider of space infrastructure services. Momentus went public on the NASDAQ in August 2021. In 2021 he started a new company, Destinus, to develop a hyperplane, a hybrid of a rocket and an aeroplane that can deliver express cargo anywhere in the world in 1-2 hours
- Rastislav Janota, Director of the National Cyber Security Center in Slovakia
- Dr José-Marie Griffiths, President of Dakota State University, was recently a Commissioner on the US National Security Commission on Artificial Intelligence and is an expert in Artificial Intelligence, Workforce Development, and Higher Education.
- Riho Terras, a Member of the European Parliament, the Head of the EPP Group National Delegation for Estonia. He is a Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy and a Substitute Member of the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development
- Andrew Lee, Head of Government Affairs at ESET
- Roland Freudenstein, Vice President and Head of GLOBSEC Brussels
- James Candon, Managing Director, United Europe
- 16:00: Welcome by James Candon, United Europe
- 16:05: Round 1: Challenges
- Raquel Jorge
- Dr Rytis Rainys
- Mikhail Kokorich
- Rastislav Janota
- 16:55: Short break
- 17:00: Round 2: Solutions and strategies
- Dr José-Marie Griffiths
- Riho Terras
- Andrew Lee
- 17:50: Summary and closure by Roland Freudenstein, GLOBSEC
- 18:00: Closing reception with drinks and appetizers
*Due to the unfolding of the pandemic situation, in-person participation will be permitted to guests who have either been vaccinated by the COVID-19 vaccine and can present a vaccination certificate, has overcome COVID-19 within 180 days prior to the event, or can provide a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours.
The Organisers take the pandemic situation seriously and apply health protocol that goes beyond health measures to ensure the safety of all guests, which remains our top priority. We sincerely hope that this decision would be welcomed considering the necessity of a smooth commencement and progression of the event.