Tuesday, 20 April 2021
The event will be live-streamed on this page (on the video tile below) and on our social media channels.
GLOBSEC is organizing a series of regional working-level Recovery and Resiliency webinars across different thematic streams. We would like to invite you to the session focusing on building renovation, “First wave of green recovery: CEE building renovation strategies and RRP expectations
The building renovation wave is commonly referred to as the low hanging fruit of sectoral decarbonization because of its categorical and standardized nature, and for CEE in particular with its vast landscape of older, inefficient buildings that need to be modernized. It is also recognized as a key sector for economic recovery due to the shovel ready nature of projects, thus uniquely positioned to deliver twin economic and climate objectives.
- How are building categories being prioritized for physical renovation as part of the national renovation strategy? What is the standard and role of digital evaluation and planning?
- What are the associated milestones and deadlines for decarbonisation? Especially in heating, how are biomass and natural gas projects being treated?
- How will these funds be used to expand the ESCO market and attract needed private investment?
- Ladislava Cengelova, Director General, DG Housing Policy and Urban Development
- Julian Popov, Chairman, Building Performance Institute of Europe
- Aleksander Śniegocki, Head of the Energy, Climate and Environmental Programme, WiseEuropa
- Martina Sieber, Advisor to the Minister, Ministry of Regional Development, Czech Republic
- Pavel Kubicka, Director of Strategy and Member of the Board, CEZ ESCO
- Jan Mati, Business Development Director, Signify
- Remon Zakaria, Lead, Associate Director, Energy Efficiency and Climate Change, EBRD
Keynote: Michal Kiča, State Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Slovakia