8 March, 2017 – 13:30 to 16:30
A group of around 20 Slovakian high-ranking policy-makers, opinion leaders, NGO representatives, and other key stakeholders discussed together in Bratislava and explored how the EU can better serve the interests of its member states and citizens. The keynote speech of the meeting was delivered by the Secretary of State of the Ministry of the Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic, Ivan Korčok. Key policy challenges that were given a special focus included: the strategic communication, internal and external security, as well as economic and social challenges.
Agenda of the meeting:
- 13:30 Welcome note and summary from the previous meetings of reflection groups
Introductory notes by Milan Nič
- 13:45 State Secretary Ivan Korčok’s keynote on future of the Europe Union
- 14:30 – 15:00 The current state of the EU and key challenges from the point of view of Slovakia
- 15:00 – 15:30 Coffee break
- 15:00 – 16:30 Slovak narrative about the EU – reflections and recommendations
More information about the project and other reflection groups are available here.