Slovakia in the EU after 2019
Thursday, 11.04.2019, 10.00-11.45
Aula, University of Economics in Bratislava
Dolnozemská cesta 2410/1, 851 04 Petržalka
The upcoming European Parliament elections are more important than ever. This time around, low turnout can undermine significantly the European institutions. Voting is an opportunity to express Slovakia’s voice in Europe. Where will Slovakia stand in the EU after 2019? How its representatives in the EU can influence policies? What needs to improve for citizens in the EU?
With this event, part of the EUact project, we aim to encourage students and young professionals to vote in the European Parliament elections and to provide a platform for discussion about Slovakia and its place in the EU.
The event with be in a form of a discussion with opportunities for the audience to directly ask questions.
Participants in the discussion will be:
- Peter Pellegrini, Prime Minister (keynote speaker)
- Ivan Stefanec, MEP
- Frantisek Ruzicka, State Secretary, Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs (TBC)
- Ladislav Miko, Head, Representation of the European Commission in Slovakia
- Aneta Vilagi, Vice Dean, Faculty Development and International Relations, Comenius University
- Marta Janckarova- Journalist and Moderator, RTVS (moderator)
The audience will consist of university students, young professionals, members of the civil society, diplomatic corps and other interested citizens.