The online event took place on 6 April 2020 and you can watch the debate here.
The COVID-19 crisis will certainly have a strong social, economic and even political impact on the EU immediate neighbourhood, namely the Eastern Partnership and the Western Balkan regions. And at this point, the support of the international partners for stabilization of the situation will be crucial. Will the EU be able to meet the expectations of its neighbours, as it addresses its internal crises? Taking into account the recent statements of Serbian President Aleksandar Vučić on turning his country’s eyes to China due to the lack of European solidarity, and the increase of disinformation concerning COVID-19, are we facing an increased threat of destabilization of the EU Neighbourhood by third actors?
- Katarína Mathernová, Deputy Director General at DG NEAR
- Vladimír Bilčík, MEP, Chair Delegation to the EU-Montenegro Stabilisation and Association Parliamentary Committee
- Sonja Licht, President, Belgrade Fund for Political Excellence
- Nicu Popescu, Director, Wider Europe Programme, ECFR
- Alisa Muzergues, European Neighbourhood Programme, GLOBSEC.