Russia is waging a sophisticated and effective disinformation campaign against Western values and institutions in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). The Visegrad countries (V4) are under-studied targets for the spread of this disinformation, both in terms of its consequences, and as possible sources for countering propaganda. The Center for European Policy Analysis, the U.S. Embassy Bratislava, and the Slovak Foreign Policy Association (SFPA) are organizing a two-day Tech Camp on countering Russian disinformation in the V4 countries. This interactive workshop aims to deepen transatlantic collaboration and expertise within the V4 media, NGO and technological communities in understanding and monitoring Russian disinformation, and will advance regional solutions for countering disinformation within the V4 countries. Building on CEPA’s work in the Baltic countries, the project will integrate the V4 perspective and contribution into the wider CEE effort on countering disinformation.
- Grasping the Big Picture on Disinformation in Central and Eastern Europe
- Examples of Disinformation from the Baltic states and Poland
- Western Responses to Russian Disinformation
- The Role of Tech Companies in the Fight against Disinformation
- Thinking Critically: How to Identify, Monitor and Explain Disinformation in the V4 Region
- Brainstorming: What does Disinformation look like in your country?
- Brainstorming: Using Technology to Counter Disinformation