23 September 16:45 – 17:30 CET
GLOBSEC and Think Tanks and Civil Societies Program University of Pennsylvania are honoured to invite you to our special session on Belarus following the Digital Central and Eastern European Think Tank Summit.
Belarusians have captivated the world with unprecedented and inspiring social and political mobilization. However, the current stalemate between the government that is reluctant to acknowledge the protesters and resign and the mobilized society requires new ideas and action plans on how to move forward. The role of civil society and think tanks is indispensable in helping craft the way forward.
This session aims to assess the state of the civil society in Belarus and address the following questions:
- What are the most recent developments in Belarus?
- How can civil society organizations operate in the current model?
- What is the role of think tanks in the current environment?
- Yauheni Preiherman, Founder and Director of the Minsk Dialogue Council on International Relations, Belarus
- Kateryna Bornukova, Research Fellow at Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC), Belarus
- Katsiaryna Shmatsina, Political Analysts, Belarusian Institute for Strategic Studies, Belarus
- Andrei Vardomatski, Belarussian Institute for Strategic Studies, Belarus
Alena Kudzko, Director, GLOBSEC Policy Institute, Slovakia
In case you are interested in joining please send an email to [email protected]