GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum 2016
Bratislava, October 2016
As the European Union and Europe as a whole are facing unprecedented challenges, politicians, analysts, journalists as well as the general public keep looking for solutions and calling for thorough and strategic reforms for the Union. On this occasion we are seeking to engage exceptional young Europeans in the GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum 2016, the CALL FOR APPLICANTS is now open until 11 September, midnight CET.
The aim of the project GLOBSEC Young Europeansʹ Forum is to give young professionals an opportunity to discuss current challenges in the EU while improving their policy-making skills and engaging in networking with their peers as well as senior policy makers. Young Europeansʹ Forum is organized on the side-lines of annual European conference GLOBSEC Tatra Summit that will take place on 28 – 30 October 2016 in Bratislava. It is an excellent opportunity for emerging young leaders, experts and professionals to confront their views on current European, foreign policy and security issues.
We are currently seeking applications from exceptional candidates between the age of 23 and 30 from all EU member countries.
The GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum
The GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum is organized on the side-lines of the GLOBSEC Tatra Summit and it is a unique chance for young European professionals with interest in the EU issues to broaden their understanding of the EU, its member states and on-going and future challenges. The objectives of GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum are:
- Collaboration: to build a diverse European community of peers, committed to engage in events and interactions that look for innovative solutions to problems
- Learning: to foster Young European Forum leadership development through personal and professional experiences that built skills, knowledge and better understanding of European, regional, economic and energy agenda
- Action: to generate positive impact on European challenges by engaging young professionals in initiatives and collaborations related to issues they have identified collectively
For those selected, accommodation and board subsidies will be available to help offset the participation cost. The organisers will not cover the transportation costs for participants of GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum. Travel grants may be available on individual basis and only to selected participants up to the price decided by organizers.
September 11, midnight CET — Applications Deadline
September and October – Activities, and briefings, pre-forum working groups
29 – 30 October 2016 – Attendance at the Forum
We are currently seeking applications from exceptional young Europeans, aged 23-30, and are targeting young professionals from the fields of international relations, European issues, journalism, economy, international business, NGO and academia.
- Between 23 and 30 years of age
- EU citizenship
- Past experience relating to European issues
- Working knowledge of English
- Willingness to engage in regular online activity over an extended period of time
- Willingness to write at least one topical article or blog, where GLOBSEC Young Europeans’ Forum is mentioned before
To be considered for this program, interested parties should submit the online application with following materials:
- Current CV, including nationality and age;
- Suggestion for the topic for discussion during the sessions, including its title, short synopsis and three questions for discussion
Please find the application here.
* Please note that recruitment will be conducted on a competitive basis.
* By filling up the application, applicants give the organisers their personal data for processing in SC Activities Filing System (FS). Purpose of this FS is determined by data controller GLOBSEC as organising of expert events and other activities. GLOBSEC process personal data of applicants according to Art. 10 Par. 3 letter a) of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended only in limited scope (see application form) that is necessary for provision of services connected with organisation of expert events and other activities. Personal data of applicants are processed according to these Terms and Conditions and without consent of applicants. During the processing of personal data only designated organizations shall have an access to personal data as data processors (GLOBSEC, GLOBSEC Academy Centre, GLOBSEC Policy Institute) and limited scope of personal data may be available to partner organizations. All personal data provided to the organisers are confidential and will be used for the purposes of the organisers only. Applicants as data subjects have their rights guaranteed according to Art. 28, 29 and 30 of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended.