Soňa Muzikárová is Chief Economist at GLOBSEC Policy Institute.
Soňa drives the broader macroeconomic agenda within the Policy Institute and across selected GLOBSEC publications and events. Her research has previously focused on real economic convergence within the Eurozone, its business cycle and leading indicators and selected themes across the monetary policy realm. Lately, she’s become interested in economics of innovation and the undelying policy blueprint.
Soňa has previously collaborated with the European Central Bank (ECB) and the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) where she also conducted and published research, and/or contributed to the institutions‘ regular publications. More recently, she advised on the substance of the Slovak 2019 Presidency to the OECD in Paris, themed Harnessing Digital Transition for Sustainable Development: Opportunities and Challenges.
She earned her Bachelor Degree in the fields of Economics and International Studies from Macalester College located in St.Paul, Minnesota, USA in 2009. During her undergraduate studies, she focused on transition economies and institutional economics. In 2011, she earned her Masters Degree in International Economic Law from the University of Kent at Brussels, where she also observed the legislative making of the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) during her internship with the Slovak Permanent Representation to the EU.
- S. Muzikarova, Do Euro Area Expansions Die of Old Age?, Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic, 2018, 〈https://www.mfsr.sk/sk/financie/institut-financnej-politiky/publikacie-ifp/ekonomicke-analyzy/49-do-euro-area-expansions-die-old-age-jun-2018-2.html〉.
- S. Muzikarova, Cross-checking the Now, Ministry of Finance of the Slovak Republic, 2017, 〈https://www.mfsr.sk/sk/financie/institut-financnej-politiky/publikacie-ifp/ekonomicke-analyzy/46-cross-checking-now-december-2017.html〉.
- J.L. Diaz del Hoyo, E. Dorrucci, F.F. Heinz, S. Muzikarova, Real Convergence in the Euro Area: A Long-Term Perspective, ECB Occasional Paper 203, 2017, ISBN: 978-92-899-2865-6, 〈https://ssrn.com/abstract=3082205〉.
- G.J. de Bondt, H.C. Dieden, S. Muzikarova and I. Vincze, Introducing the ECB indicator on euro area industrial new orders, ECB Occasional Paper 149, 2013.〈http://ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/scpops/ecbocp149.pdf〉.
- G.J. de Bondt, H.C. Dieden, S. Muzikarova and I. Vincze, Modelling industrial new orders for the euro area, ECB Statistical Paper Series 6, 2014a.〈http://ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/scpsps/ecbsp6.en.pdf〉.
- G.J. de Bondt, H.C. Dieden, S. Muzikarova, I. Vincze, Modelling industrial new orders, Economic Modelling 41 (2014) 46–54 〈http://sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264999314001321〉, including Elsevier AudioSlides http://elsevier.com/social-sciences/economics-and-finance/audioslides.G.J. de Bondt et al. / Data in Brief 9 (2016) 368–371371
- COVID-19 Outbreak and the Global Economy‘ analytical stream
- GLOBSEC Tatra Summit Signature Report
- CEE Capital Markets workstream