A key part of the GLOBSEC success story is the fact that it grew out of a student project to become a major international forum. Youth engagement has always been an integral part of our work and we continuously look for ways to strengthen that element.
GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum 2020 enables 30 young professionals to participate in formal and informal discussions with high-profile politicians, decision-makers, thought leaders and think-thankers. Participants also get to formulate strategic policy proposals and suggest plans for action through working groups focused on key issues discussed at the Bratislava Forum. Over the course of its 7 editions, GYLF has welcomed over 200 participants from over 50 countries and from 140 leading institutions in the realm of politics, business, and the non-governmental sector.
Are you an “under 35” professional with expertise in foreign policy, future of Europe, defense and security, strategic communication, energy and sustainability, digital skills, economy or other related fields of IR?
This is your chance to be part of the GYLF class of 2020.
Over the past few years the GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum has evolved into one of the most prestigious regional meetings of young professionals and future decision-makers. That’s because GYLF is the only well-established forum in Central Europe that provides a platform for creating an active network of young inspirational leaders. Recent policy developments in the United States, Europe and other parts of the world only underline the demand for a strong policy-making platform where solutions to the most urgent issues can be discussed and enacted. Hundreds of the most influential experts from leading European, transatlantic and Asian think-tanks, as well as academics, politicians, business leaders and innovators, will once again come to the GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum to discuss issues that make headlines in the global media.
We believe it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders, professionals and experts in taking accountable decisions that are inspired by their fresh, innovative ideas.
The aim of the project is to give the young generation an opportunity to discuss current challenges in international affairs, develop innovative approaches in the context of modern technologies, improve policy-making skills and to network not only with their fellows, but also with distinguished leaders and experts. GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum, organised on the side-lines of the annual GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum, is an excellent opportunity for young people to present their views on current foreign affairs.
INTERCONNECTION WITH THE GLOBSEC 2020 BRATISLAVA FORUM
GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum allows young professionals to take advantage of the parallel GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum. The interconnection between both events gives them an opportunity to participate in different sessions and conduct discussions with high-profile politicians, decision-makers, opinion-builders, prominent analysts and think-tankers. Because GYLF 2020 will take place at the same venue as GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum, young professionals will also have the chance to actively participate in several main sessions of the GLOBSEC Forum and engage in the Q&A parts of debates.
LINKING WITH EXPERTS
We connect participants who are looking to become decision-makers with seasoned diplomats, professionals and top-notch experts in many ways, including off-the-record debates. These are in-depth and hard-hitting moderated discussions with respected personalities in a closed, intimate setting.
There is no participation fee for the programme. GLOBSEC will provide accommodation and board subsidies for all GYLF participants to help offset the participation cost. GLOBSEC will not cover transportation costs. However, travel grants may be distributed to selected participants on an individual basis and only up to the price decided by the organisers.
20 January – 23 February 2020 – open call
Mid-March 2020 – results announcement
April – May 2020 – online activities, pre-forum working groups
20 – 23 May 2020 – attendance at the Forum
- Between 23 and 35 years of age
- Experience in the field of foreign policy, future of Europe, defense and security, strategic communication, energy and sustainability, digital skills, economy or any other field relevant to current international relations
- Working knowledge of English
- Willingness to engage in regular online activity over an extended period
- To be considered for this program, candidates must submit the online application form by midnight CET, 23 February.
* Please note that recruitment will be conducted on a competitive basis.
* By filling in the application form, applicants give the organisers their personal data for processing in the SC Activities Filing System (FS). The purpose of this FS is defined by the data controller GLOBSEC as an organiser of expert events and other activities. GLOBSEC processes the personal data of applicants according to Art. 10 Par. 3 letter a) of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended only in limited scope (see application form) that is necessary for the provision of services connected with the organisation of expert events and other activities. The personal data of applicants is processed according to these Terms and Conditions and without the consent of applicants. During the processing of personal data only designated organisations shall have access to personal data as data processors (GLOBSEC, GLOBSEC Policy Institute and GLOBSEC Academy Centre) and a limited amount of personal data may be available to partner organizations. All personal data provided to the organisers is confidential and will be used for their purposes only. Applicants as data subjects have their rights guaranteed according to Art. 28, 29 and 30 of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended.