8 October 2020
13:30 – 15:00 (CEST)
GLOBSEC has the pleasure to organize an exclusive hybrid closed-door roundtable happening on the sidelines of GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum 2020 titled: Enhanced European Opportunity Partners in the Defence and Security Initiatives.
The aim of this closed-door roundtable discussion is to explore the potential for meaningful third-party access in the European Integration framework and contribute to strengthening practical cooperation between third parties and the EU.
Via this event we would like to address the following issues:
- What are the potential risks and opportunities for European defence in the post COVID19 world?
- What are the possible ways of working together across the project in the future defence and security policy - both on the front of hardware-based capability development and operational readiness-oriented capability?
- Given the arrangements are in place how to include and involve third parties even more, in which areas, projects, policies?
- How to help both Europe and third countries to become active partners?
- Andrew Winternitz, Principal Director for Europe, and NATO Policy - United States Department of Defense
- Ján Havránek, Deputy Minister, Ministry of Defence, Czech Republic
- Ambassador Rastislav Káčer
- Dr Benedetta Berti, Head of Policy Planning in the Office of the Secretary-General at NATO
Moderation: Kinga Brudzinska, Programme Director, Future of Europe, GLOBSEC Policy Institute, Bratislava
This event forms part of the project titled “Enhanced European Opportunity Partners in the EU’s Defence and Security Initiatives: Study case of Norway”, which is funded by the Norwegian Ministry of Defence.