10.11.2020 - Growing the Transatlantic Digital Economy
10 November 2020 (Tuesday)
3 - 4 pm CET via Zoom
Registration for the event is open here.
The event will be live-streamed on this page (on the video tile below) and on our social media channels.
The global economy is on the verge of a revolution. Digitalization will modify supply chains, empower small businesses and consumers, rationalize the use of energy and build virtual connections across vast distances. In this light, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) must grasp the opportunities afforded by the transition to the digital economy and use them to grow not only their economic future but also their political influence within the EU and in the transatlantic relationship.
The EU and the United States have an opportunity to kick-start a new era in the transatlantic relationship: the creation of a transatlantic digital market stretching from Silicon Valley to Tallinn. If they get it right, they can become the pioneers in creating a climate of digital prosperity, security, and privacy on a global scale. A well-functioning transatlantic partnership in the area of digital economy could ensure that markets remain open and secure a level playing field for export-dependent countries of medium size, which are most CEE countries.
Together with our guests, we will be discussing the current opportunities and potential roadblocks in creating a coherent strategy for digitalization across the CEE region, based on a strong economic rationale and geopolitical benefits arising from the transatlantic relationship in the digital area.
This event is powered by GLOBSEC’s partnership with Google.
- Radoslav Repa, Director of the Digital Agenda Department at the Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic
- Frances Burwell, Distinguished Fellow at the Atlantic Council
- Michał Pukaluk, Director of the Digital Policy Department at the Prime Minister’s Office, Poland
- Ivan Štefanec, Member of the European Parliament for the Slovak Republic
- Marta Poslad, Head of CEE Public Policy & Government Relations, Google
- Zuzana Pisoň, Technology Stream Lead, GLOBSEC