29.06.2021 - Enhancing Relations between Multilevel Partners for a Resilient, Secure and Prosperous Europe
Tuesday, 29 June 2021
17:00-18:00 CEST - The event will be available in English, German and Slovak.
The event will be live-streamed on this page (on the video tile below) and on our social media channels.
In cooperation with Hanns Seidel Foundation, this online event aims to have a productive discussion realising that solving the complex post-COVID 19 challenges in Europe requires creativity and effectiveness. Cooperation and coordination on multiple levels, including national, substate, and local is essential. Enhancing good relations, such as between Bavaria and regions in Central Europe (CE) is essential for a more resilient, secure and prosperous European future. Some questions to be addressed:
- What are the most pressing issues for Bavaria and Germany in post-COVID Europe? Are these issues similar for the CE’s countries, regions, and cities?
- What are some good practices that we can exchange?
- What are some common interests and initiatives that can be enhanced?
- What can CE’s national, regional, and local authorities anticipate in their relationship with Bavaria and Germany in the coming years?
- Jakub Wiśniewski, Vice President, GLOBSEC
- Dr. Markus Ehm, Director of the Regional Project Central Europe, Hanns Seidel Foundation
- Melanie Huml, Minister of State for European and International Affairs, Bavarian State Chancellery, Member, Bavarian State Parliament
- Katarína Cséfalvayová, Director, Institute for Central Europe, former Chairwoman for the Foreign Affairs Committee, National Council, Slovakia
- Ivan Mikloš, President, MESA10, former Minister of Finance, Slovakia (TBC)
- Ivan Štefanec, Member of the European Parliament, Slovakia (TBC)
- Dr Markus Ehm, Director of the Regional Project Central Europe, Hanns Seidel Foundation