29.07.2020 - Investing in Innovation: Key to Recovery?
Wednesday, 29 July 2020, 15:00-16:00 CEST (Berlin/Bratislava), 9:00-10:00am EDT (Washington, DC).
To join the event, please register in advance here.
The event will be live-streamed on this page and on our social media channels.
The economic and social circumstances of the post-coronavirus era are yet to be fully seen. It is already clear, however, that an effective recovery plan must support a stronger resilience of the EU´s economy. Investing in Europe's innovation ecosystems is, therefore, one of the crucial instruments to kickstart the post-COVID growth engine. The ambition to support the competitiveness of the EU industry and breakthrough innovations by SMEs and startups is already reflected in the EU large-scale recovery package, which also highlights the importance of a productive collaboration between the public and private sector.
Together with our guests, we’ll be discussing the following questions:
- How is the EU recovery plan going to impact the innovation ecosystem in Europe and Central Europe in particular?
- Which investment tools will be available, and what role can be played by the private sector in supporting high-impact innovation efforts?
- How can the CE countries grasp the opportunity to benefit from the EU funding programmes, given their deficiencies in R&D infrastructure?
- How can the EU and members states work together in developing digital & entrepreneurial skills among students and a wider population?
- Andrew Lee, Public Affairs Liaison, ESET
- Marina Ranga, Expert at Joint Research Centre, European Commission
- Dušan Velič, Expert for Innovations, science and research at the Ministry of Investments, Regional Development and Informatization of the Slovak Republic
- Grzegorz Wrochna, Undersecretary of State at the Ministry of Science and Higher Education in Poland
Moderator: Zuzana Pisoň, Technology Stream Lead, GLOBSEC Policy Institute
This event is part of GLOBSEC´s Digital Lighthouse initiative, a public-private platform that contributes to shaping policy debates in the area of digital transformation and innovations in the CEE region.
This webinar is powered by ESET, the founding partner of the Digital Lighthouse initiative.