Applications for the GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum 2022 are now open!
Are you an “under 35” professional with expertise in European and global politics and economy, defense and security, strategic communication, digital policies, or energy and sustainability? This is your chance to be part of the GYLF cohort of 2022.
GYLF OPEN CALL – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 25 MARCH
In 2020, for the first time since its creation, the GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum Programme had a year’s break due to the Covid19 pandemic, resulting in GLOBSEC only being able to welcome the 2020 cohort to the 2021 GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum. However, we are delighted to be able to open the call for the GYLF programme once more. All the information about the Forum itself, as well as how to apply can be found below. In case of any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the GYLF team at [email protected].
WHAT IS GLOBSEC YOUNG LEADERS FORUM (GYLF)?
A key part of the GLOBSEC success story is the fact that it grew out of a student project to become a major international forum. Youth engagement has always been an integral part of our work and we continuously look for ways to strengthen that element. In 2013, the first GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum took place on the sidelines of the annual GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum. The only well-established forum of its kind in Central Europe, GYLF has since grown to become one of the most prestigious meetings of young professionals and decision-makers in the world. In 2018, GLOBSEC Tatra Summit welcomed its first cohort of the Tatra Summit Young Professionals programme. With the exception of 2020, the three successful editions of this programme allowed for deeper cooperation between GLOBSEC and its growing community of distinguished young experts and policymakers.
Recent policy developments in the United States, Europe and other parts of the world only underline the demand for a strong policy-making platform where solutions to the most urgent issues can be discussed and enacted, and we believe it is of crucial importance to engage young leaders in this process. GLOBSEC Young Leaders Forum enables 25 young professionals to participate in formal and informal, off-the-record discussions with high-profile politicians, decision-makers, thought leaders and think-thankers. GYLF 2022 will largely take place at the same venue as the GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum, giving our young professionals the chance to actively participate in several main sessions of the GLOBSEC Forum and engage in the Q&A parts of debates. Finally, participants may also take part in the process of formulating strategic policy proposals and suggest plans for action on the most pressing issues, with the GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum’s 17th edition focusing on three acute challenges of today: sustainability, trust and change.
Over the course of its 8 editions, GYLF has welcomed over 220 participants from 50 countries and from nearly 150 leading institutions in the realm of politics, business and the non-governmental sector. Previous policy recommendations include the GYLF 2019 short policy response to the 2018 NATO Secretary General’s Annual Report and TSYP 2019 analysis of Ursula von der Leyen’s manifesto ‘A Union that Strives for More.’
APPLYING FOR GYLF 2022
GYLF OPEN CALL – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 25 MARCH
- Between 25 and 35 years of age
- Experience in the field of European and global politics and economy, defense and security, strategic communication, digital policies, or energy and sustainability or any other field relevant to current international relations
- Working knowledge of English
- Willingness to engage in regular online activity over an extended period
- To be considered for this program, candidates must submit the online application form by midnight CET, 11th March 2022.
* Please note that recruitment will be conducted on a competitive basis.
There is no participation fee for the programme. GLOBSEC will provide accommodation and board subsidies for all GYLF participants to help offset the participation cost. GLOBSEC will not cover transportation costs. However, travel grants may be distributed to selected participants on an individual basis and only up to the price decided by the organisers.
The call for applications will remain open between 4th February – 11th March 2022. The final selection will be announced by the end of March, with the Forum taking place between 1st – 4th June 2022.
* By filling in the application form, applicants give the organisers their personal data for processing in the SC Activities Filing System (FS). The purpose of this FS is defined by the data controller GLOBSEC as an organiser of expert events and other activities. GLOBSEC processes the personal data of applicants according to Art. 10 Par. 3 letter a) of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended only in limited scope (see application form) that is necessary for the provision of services connected with the organisation of expert events and other activities. The personal data of applicants is processed according to these Terms and Conditions and without the consent of applicants.
During the processing of personal data only designated organisations shall have access to personal data as data processors (GLOBSEC, GLOBSEC Policy Institute and GLOBSEC Academy Centre) and a limited amount of personal data may be available to partner organizations. All personal data provided to the organisers is confidential and will be used for their purposes only. Applicants as data subjects have their rights guaranteed according to Art. 28, 29 and 30 of Act no. 122/2013 Col. on Personal Data Protection as amended.
You can register here: on THIS link