Call for Fellows from Ukraine
GLOBSEC is offering fellowships to support civil society representatives, researchers, and think-tankers from Ukraine, whose work is being impeded by the war, to enable them to continue their activities.
With this initiative, GLOBSEC aims to ensure that the voices of a democratic Ukraine continue to be heard and supported.
The fellowships, each including a living stipend and partial coverage of transportation costs, will be granted to Ukrainian citizens, preferably affiliated with a Ukrainian think tank, academia, or other research institution, who are committed to evidence-based research and democratic values.
The successful applicants will be expected to work as integral members of the GLOBSEC Policy Institute, and conduct policy analysis as well as project management in the following areas:
- Democracy, resilience-building, and European integration of Ukraine;
- The economic impact of war, Recovery, and reconstruction of Ukraine;
- New security framework for Europe and the Transatlantic area;
- Hybrid threats, Cyber security;
- Energy security and energy transition;
- Disinformation and strategic communication.
We are looking for both junior and senior level professionals with experience in policy analysis in English. Experience in project coordination and management is also highly desirable. The fellowship is initially limited to 8 months.
GLOBSEC is offering fellowships to support civil society representatives, researchers, and think-tankers from Ukraine who are at risk or displaced, and whose work is being impeded by the war, to enable them to continue their activities
- Preparing policy papers, briefs and commentaries;
- Conducting in-depth analyses;
- Organising of and participating in round tables, conferences and other events;
- Communicating with partners;
- Engaging with stakeholders;
- Generating and implementing initiatives;
- Designing and coordinating projects;
- Elaborating and implementing advocacy campaigns.
- Ukrainian citizenship;
- Experience in think-tank, academia or other relevant institution with political, international security, economic, energy and/or strategic communication field of expertise;
- High level of research/analytical skills supported by sound results;
- Experience in speaking at international events and commenting for media;
- Strong organisational skills; project management and fundraising experience desirable;
- Ability to work collegially, engage and network with experts and interested stakeholders;
- Proficiency in written and spoken communication in English;
- Strong track record of excellence, drive and resilience;
- Dynamic, flexible, reliable and attentive to detail.
Please send your CV accompanied by a short letter of a statement outlining the activities you envisage doing during the fellowship and your research area by May 31, 2022, to [email protected] Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.