This is the first publication in the newest project with our partner Counter Extremism Project that focuses on the mapping of the presence of the Muslim Brotherhood in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). The publication presents the methodology for the project's research on the topic. The project aims to zoom in on 5 countries to determine the penetration of the Muslim Brotherhood in the CEE region and our research will be driven by the following questions:
- How many groups have ties to the Muslim Brotherhood and what demographic do they represent?
- What access to the governments of the researched countries do they have and what methods do they use to gain that access?
- How do they cooperate with each other on the national and regional levels?
- What is their relationship with Islamic groups of other ideologies?
- What are their short-term and long-term goals?