Transatlantic Security: Securing the Post-COVID Future
From 12th - 14th, May 2020 GLOBSEC collaborated on a three-day virtual global brainstorm on international security challenges, hosted by IBM and coordinated by The Partnership for Peace Consortium and the United States Department of Defense.
The report came up with key points for policymakers for future strategic action, which was also cross-validated with Watson Artificial Intelligence:
- Key Recommendations for a post-COVID future, including Military Recommendations
- Courses of action regarding the US-Europe Strategic Alliance
- Nuclear Deterrence Indications and EU Security and Defence goals
- Requirements for EU-China geo-economic scrutiny
- Thomas Greminger, Secretary-General, OSCE
- Tod D. Wolters, Supreme Allied Commander Europe, NATO
- Artis Pabriks, Defence Minister of Latvia, Latvian MoD
- Toomas Ilves, former President of Estonia
And many other top political leaders and strategist.
The publication for the prestigious event is now available. The research was extensive with 2,750 people from across the world collaborating for 50 hours to generate over 4,000 perspectives on a range of important security topics which were drilled down into strategic action points.
The final result is a comprehensive report which you can download here.