Senior Fellow on Energy, Ukraine and Eastern Europe Programme
Graduated from Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas in business economics of energy sector.
Result-oriented Energy Sector Analyst and Project Manager with over 14 years of work in research and consulting regarding state energy security policy, aspects of gas and electricity market developments in Ukraine, legislative reforms under the EU Second and Third Energy Packages, integration of Ukraine’s gas and electricity markets in the European energy market and transborder relations with Energy Community Contracting Parties.
Mr. Chubyk worked in 2018-2021 for Ukrainian state-owned energy companies on projects, related to electricity and gas sector integration into European energy market.
In 2008-2018, Mr. Chubyk worked in NGOs as energy sector analyst and project manager, in particular, in Association4You Project of the EU and ENABLE.EU Project of the EU Horizon 2020 Programme (2016-2018), EITI transparency of the energy sector projects (2012-2015), gas sector developments in Ukraine on offshore and shale gas (2010-2013), energy security issues within Eastern Partnership programme (2009-2014).
Mr. Chubyk was the fellow of following international programmes: Eastern Partnership Civil Society Facility Fellowship (Brussels, 2017), Think Visegrad Fellowship (Slovakia, 2015), Warsaw Euro Atlantic Summer Academy (Poland, 2013), Eurasia Extractive Industries Knowledge Hub (Azerbaijan, 2013), Delegation of the EU to Ukraine Internship (Ukraine, 2012), Robert Bosch Fellowship Program Goerdeller Kolleg for Good Governance (Germany, 2012), Bundestag (Germany, 2011).
- Energy security in the context of relations between Ukraine and the EU. Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung. Compass-2020. 2010, co-author, in Ukrainian, link http://library.fes.de/pdf-files/bueros/ukraine/07751.pdf
- Methane sphere – thematic comparative analyses on unconventional gas production and conventional hydrocarbons, Centre for Global Studies "Strategy XXI", 2012, co-author, in Ukrainian, link https://geostrategy.org.ua/analityka/doslidzhennya/metanosfera-3-12-netradyciynyy-gaz-versus-agroindustriya
- Energy Union and Energy Security in Eastern Partnership Countries, November 2015, co-author, in English, link http://eap-csf.eu/assets/files/Energy%20Union%20and%20EaP%20Countries5.pdf
- National Development Fund as a mechanism of responsible use of natural and financial resources, 2016. Editor and co-author, in English, link https://geostrategy.org.ua/analityka/doslidzhennya/nacionalnyy-fond-rozvytku-yak-mehanizm-vidpovidalnogo-vykorystannya-pryrodnyh-ta-finansovyh-resursiv/zavantazhyty-pdf-ukr
- Wars – XXI: Russia’s Polyhybression. Centre for Global Studies “Strategy XXI”, 2017, co-author, in English, link https://old.geostrategy.org.ua/images/wars21_engl_19.pdf