Thursday 18 March 2021
4.00 PM -5.30 PM (CET) via Zoom
Please register in advance here
The event will be live-streamed on this page (on the video tile below) and on our social media channels.
This Policy Dialogue, co-organised by GLOBSEC and the European Policy Centre, will discuss the national elements of the Conference on the Future of Europe with policymakers and experts from across the EU.
After a yearlong delay, the Conference on the Future of Europe (CoFoE) is still to be launched. Uncertainty prevails over many of the implementation details. But it is already quite clear that the CoFoE will involve citizens – at all levels of governance in the EU – to get them to reflect and debate on the Union’s future direction. This means that the member states will have to partake in the EU-wide effort to beef up the participatory dimension of the Conference. What are different stakeholders in the national, regional or local areas of the member states doing at present to prepare for this role? What kind of events should the member states organise to engage their citizens in the CoFoE context? How should diverse national debates be linked to each other and the European level discussions? What are the risks, challenges and opportunities of establishing a national participatory dimension to the Conference?
- Martin Klus – State Secretary for European Affairs, Slovak Republic
- Märt Volmer – Undersecretary for European Affairs, Estonia
- Sandro Gozi – Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe
- Noelle O’Connell – CEO, European Movement Ireland
- George Pagoulatos – Professor of European Politics and Economy, AUEB & College of Europe and Director-General, ELIAMEP
- Kinga Brudzinska – Head of Centre for Global Europe, GLOBSEC / Research Fellow, GLOBSEC
- Corina Stratulat (Moderator) – Senior Policy Analyst, European Policy Centre
You may also find the event on the European Policy Center’s website.