Research Fellow, Future of Security Programme
Host, GLOBSEC Wire
Roger Hilton works as a Media Presenter and Research Fellow and the host of the GLOBSEC Wire, a bi-weekly show examining global affairs and its impact on Central and Eastern Europe. His research focus is concentrated on transatlantic and European defence with an emphasis on climate security as well as the nexus between new technologies and conflict.
Roger has previous experience as a Strategic Communications Analyst at the NATO Rapid Deployable Corps – Greece (NRDC – GR) and participated in Exercise Trident Jaguar 2018. He has also worked for the delegation of the Kingdom of Belgium at the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). Additionally, he has worked at the Office of the State Minister of Georgia for European and Euro-Atlantic Integration in Tbilisi, as well as the Estonian Atlantic Treaty Association (EATA) in Tallinn.
To date, he has visited half of the former Soviet Republics including the breakaway region of Transnistria as well the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant. Additionally, he has received briefings from Operation UNIFIER in Yavoriv, western Ukraine and at the Black Tiger Military Base in Kurdistan, Iraq.
Outside of GLOBSEC, Roger is a Research Fellow at the Canadian Global Affairs Institute (CGAI) and a member of the Younger Generation Leaders Network on Euro-Atlantic Security (YGLN).
Roger was born in Montreal, Canada and is fluent in French and speaks conversational German. He is a 2016 graduate of the Diplomatic Academy of Vienna and holds a Masters in Advanced International Studies, as well as a 2013 foreign policy certificate from the Moscow State Institute of International Relations (MGIMO).
- GLOBSEC Future Security and Defence Council
- NATO 2030: NATO Private Sector Dialogues with GLOBSEC
- GLOBSEC Wire (link)
- 2021 GLOBSEC Bratislava Forum Recap Videos (link)
- 2021 GLOBSEC Tatra Summit Recap Videos (link)
- Security Snapshots (link)
- The U.S. and Euro-Atlantic security: NATO partners, Russian and Eastern Partnership, East-West Coffee Shop, European Leadership Network, 2021 (link)
- Managing a Pandemic, Canadian Global Affairs Institute, Defense Deconstructed, 2020 (link)
- AUKUS : A French ‘beurre noisette’ in the Indo-Pacific, New Europe, 2021 (link)
- Illusion sideways. The West will have to work with the Taliban, Slovak Foreign Policy Association, 2021 (link) (Slovak language)
- The Future is Climate Security, New Europe, 2021 (link)
- Stronger Together – Slovakia: A New Castle Strategy for 2021, Institute Montaigne, 2021 (link)
- Engaging Silent Enemies: NATO’s ASW Challenge, Conference of Defence Associates, 2020 (link)
- Back to Business: NATO’s June Defence Ministerial Meeting, Canadian Global Affairs Institute, 2020 (link)
- More ‘likes for defence and security issues: engaging young audiences, NATO Review, 2019 (link)